Deadline: 30 January 2023
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Gaborone, Botswana.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Education Programme for preprimary, primary, secondary education, and skills development.
- Research and report on development trends (economic, social, health etc.) and data for use in education programme development, management, monitoring, evaluation, and delivery of results.
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and relevancy of information.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing and administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials and documentations, and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support programme planning, results-based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluation of results.
- Prepare required documentation/materials to facilitate the programme review and approval process.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to collect, analyze, and share information on implementation issues.
- Suggest solutions on routine programme implementation and submit reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decisions. Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of development programming, ideally in the Education sector is required.
- Proven ability to effectively cooperate with partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of various professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to contribute to a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.