Deadline: 21 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Programme Development Manager in Maroua, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 9 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Programme Development Manager will perform the following functions:
- Develop Education strategies, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro logframes.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, education tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Responsible for development and managing funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports.
- Overall management of the education project staff and responsible for staff Recruitment.
- Coordinate and manage education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Develop and manage project budget and coordinate across CCs for integrated programming.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaison and coordination with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums and working groups.
- Develop partnerships in the humanitarian community and coordinate with relevant authorities to design solutions to identified problems.
- Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs and returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 year’s of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile context.
- Technical education expertise, including Education in Emergencies and Accelerated Program in Education.
- Background in PSS and/or child protection.
- Experience in delivering ToT.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Ability to adapt to the changing and / or dynamic and stressful context.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in Africa, especially in the regions affected by crises.
- Experience in EiE, alternative, formal education and PSS programmes is an advantage.
- Experience in team management and in using M&E tools.
- Experience in developing proposals and budgets.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.