Deadline: 21 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Programme Development Manager in Maroua, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 9 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Education Programme Development Manager will perform the following functions:
- Develop Education strategies, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro logframes.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, education tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Responsible for development and managing funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports.
- Overall management of the education project staff and responsible for staff Recruitment.
- Coordinate and manage education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Develop and manage project budget and coordinate across CCs for integrated programming.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaison and coordination with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums and working groups.
- Develop partnerships in the humanitarian community and coordinate with relevant authorities to design solutions to identified problems.
- Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs and returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 year’s of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile context.
- Technical education expertise, including Education in Emergencies and Accelerated Program in Education.
- Background in PSS and/or child protection.
- Experience in delivering ToT.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Ability to adapt to the changing and / or dynamic and stressful context.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in Africa, especially in the regions affected by crises.
- Experience in EiE, alternative, formal education and PSS programmes is an advantage.
- Experience in team management and in using M&E tools.
- Experience in developing proposals and budgets.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.