Deadline: 2 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Project Assistant in Kakuma, Kenya.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Project Assistant will perform following functions:
- Carry out community mobilization and awareness creation on the project activities and register youth for training/learning.
- Prepare comprehensive work plans that will enable the instructors and teachers plan appropriately for the training activities.
- Ensure that training content is delivered using learner friendly methods as per the curriculum.
- Monitor in a participatory manner, the implementation of the training curricula and ensure all modules are completed within the training cycle.
- Ensure that training is thorough and trainees are able to apply the skills acquired.
- Cooperate and support the entire team of teachers in the project.
- Distribute training materials and other requirements on time and keep clear records on the same.
- Submit progress reports to the Project Officer monthly or otherwise as may be required.
- Promote close working relationship with other stakeholders.
- Create awareness among refugees and the host community on the project activities and forge cooperation with other community livelihood activities.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma in Education or Bachelor’s of Education degree (Technical subjects/Science) or a degree in youth/community development from a reputable University.
- Technically and professionally qualified vocational skills development background from a reputable training institution is an added advantage.
- At least 4 years of teaching experience in Primary School, pre-primary or any other formal or non-formal learning institution.
- Experience in community development initiatives.
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- High standard of English methodology including oral skills.
- Knowledge on use participatory and learner centred methods, children rights and the global education standards.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.