Deadline: 24 November 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Project Assistant in Maradi, Niger. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Work in accordance with NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines.
- Assist in the implementation of the project in accordance with the planning.
- Write the reports / materials / CR of the activities at the request of the supervisor or the management.
- Ensure the correct archiving of documents.
- Ensure compliance with the targets / beneficiaries of the projects.
- Ensure the daily management of the activities.
- Work with communities, schools and teachers directly in the field.
- Ensure proper reporting of each activity carried out.
- Ensure the collection of information and data.
- Provide training and monitoring of teachers.
- Ensure the proper use of project resources and assets.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Education, Political Science, Sociology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience including at least 1 year with an NGO in the field of education in a humanitarian context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience in education and training of young people.
- Know how to work in a team and with children and young people.
- Facilitate in the implementation of activities.
- Good level of communication and negotiation.
- Proficiency in written and oral French.
- Experience in project start-up.
- Experience in implementing education activities in emergency situations.
- Experience as a teacher or trainer is an asset.
- Experience of protection and advocacy work in the education sector.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.