Deadline: 24 July 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Project Assistant in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The purpose of Education Project Assistant is to assist in the day to day implementation of the education project and support all field level operations and supervise any future incentive workers.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist with the implementation of the education project according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Make decisions on the ground with limited or remote supervision.
- Assist in the implementation of education activities under direction of the education officer; supervise incentive teachers and outreach workers.
- Provide support to NRC activities, schools and assessments in line with NRC quality standards.
- Ensure direct communication and feedback with beneficiaries and relevant host communities.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of projects at field level.
- Organize, support and participate in community engagement initiatives, outreach and out-of-school children (OOSC) data collection.
- Regularly travel to the field to support education, recreation and psycho-social support (PSS) activities.
- Support teacher training as required by the project objectives.
- Organize and implement distributions of teaching and learning materials.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in Education or other relevant fields, with knowledge of education context in Libya.
- Understanding the circumstances, needs and challenges IDP/returnee and refugee children face and the sensitivity of the context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in community mobilization and/or relationship building, working with children or teaching, and with knowledge of the basics of gender, child protection and PSS.
- Strong organizational skills and teamwork skills, Good computer skills in Microsoft office (MS Excel, Word, and outlook).
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic.
- Proficiency in English.
- Nationality of Libya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.