Deadline: 24 October 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Project Manager in Dohuk, Iraq. The duration of this post is 14 months.
The Education Project Manager will oversee the strategic direction of the education programme in Dohuk Area Office of operation, undertaking needs assessments; monitoring progress and undertaking evaluations, adapting existing programming to changing needs; and undertaking programme development (design and proposal development).
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Manage NRC’s Education and youth projects and ensure programme quality.
- Carry out high-quality reporting, financial management and monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
- support fundraising activities including preparation of concepts and project proposals.
- Work closely with the Education Specialist in overseeing and delivering the NRC Iraq Education strategy.
- Conduct field visits and monitor progress against both project and budgetary targets.
- Carry out capacity building of staff.
- Development of advocacy, communication tools and messages on education.
- Ensure high technical quality and transparent processes.
- Adherence to Core Competency tools and handbooks and other NRC policies.
- Representation in internal and external forums on behalf of NRC Iraq Education programme.
- Responsible for project documentation.
- Develop, manage and monitor the budget(s) according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Transparent and cost-efficient procurement of goods.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Project Manager/Coordinator in Iraq.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical Education expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience implementing Education in Emergencies in Iraq.
- Knowledge of the context in Iraq.
- Experience from emergency settings.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.