Deadline: 13 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Project Manager in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Education Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management of NRC’s Education projects in West and South West Uganda.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Project Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Manage NRC education activities in West and South West Uganda; ensuring quality standards.
Develop and expand NRCs Education Programmes in West and South Western Uganda in accordance with NRC strategy and policy documents.
- Identify potential areas for expansion, e.g. a specific focus on potential development of Cash and Voucher approaches in education activities.
- Promote meaningful participation of the community, including children and youth, in project design and implementation, explore and implement new and better ways to assist the most vulnerable, especially girls, young women, children and youth with disabilities or special learning needs.
- Maintain overall responsibility for monitoring budgets; ensuring project implementation staff are adequately trained in tracking expenditure.
- Ensure the effective, accurate and timely monitoring, supervision, evaluation and reporting of projects.
- Collaborate with relevant local authorities, UNHCR and other key stakeholders, working work closely with the NRC Uganda Education Specialist.
- Support the recruitment of technical staff across the programme and performance Management through NRC performance management system.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Qualified Education/ Social Sciences Professional with a Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s in Education Management, Project Management is an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a senior-level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Project management experience, gained from coordinating and/or managing education interventions (including formal and non-formal education and education in emergencies), especially in displacement-affected humanitarian/early recovery contexts, experience in EiE and implementing education activities through Cash & Voucher modalities.
- Strong co-ordination competence, with the ability to establish and supervise technical lines, promote communication and knowledge sharing, manage multiple work streams, and ensure quality.
- Understanding of Uganda’s basic Education system, and key related policies such as Education Sector Strategic Plan, and related Refugee Education guiding documents.
- Understanding and experience of project monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with the ability to design effective M&E tools and train staff in their use, and to use evidence to inform programme design and management.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.