Deadline: 4 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education project Officer in Benghazi, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Education project Officer will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the education project.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Implement the education project according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Make decisions on the ground with limited or remote supervision
- Implement education activities under direction of the education team leader.
- Provide support to project assistants in line with programme objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and paper.
- Update and maintain effective work plans and monitoring of log-frames.
- Support assessment processes including school selection and out-of-school children (OOSC) data collection.
- Provide support to NRC activities, schools and incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards.
- Conduct teacher training as required by the project objectives; conduct spot checks.
- Document technical issues and questions, and channel to the education team leader.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting of education projects.
- Regularly travel to the field to support education, recreation and psychosocial support (PSS) activities.
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning materials.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager
Applicants must have:
- University degree and/or advanced degree or other relevant fields, with knowledge of education context in Benghazi; understanding of the circumstances, needs and challenges IDP/returnee and refugee children face and the sensitivity of the context.
- A person with experience working in education or child protection project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context (with an NGO),previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations.
- Knowledge of Gender and Child Protection and psychosocial support and experience working with children and/or educators; ministry of education (MoE)-level experience are desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and teamwork skills, Good computer skills in Microsoft office (MS Excel, Word, and outlook).
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic; proficiency in English.
- Nationality of Libya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.