Deadline: 23 July 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Project Officer in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The purpose of Education Project Officer is to oversee the day-to-day implementation of the education project.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Implement education activities under direction of the education team leader.
- Provide support to project assistants in line with programme objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and paper.
- Update and maintain effective work plans and monitoring of log-frames.
- Support assessment processes including school selection and out-of-school children (OOSC) data collection.
- Provide support to NRC activities, schools and incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards.
- Conduct teacher training as required by the project objectives; conduct spot checks.
- Document technical issues and questions, and channel to the education team leader.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting of education projects.
- Regularly travel to the field to support education, recreation and psycho-social support (PSS) activities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Strict adherence to the NRC Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy
- Implement the education project according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
Applicants must have:
- University degree and/or advanced degree with knowledge of the education context in Tripoli, understanding of the circumstances as well as the needs and challenges IDP/returnee and refugee children face and the sensitivity of the context.
- Experience working in education or child protection project implementation in a humanitarian/recovery context, with an NGO, previous experience working in complex/volatile contexts.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the principles of gender, child protection and psychosocial support, and experience working with children and/or educators, including ministry of education (MoE) are desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and teamwork skills, good computer skills in Microsoft Office (eg Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic and English are essential, French would be a plus.
- Nationality of Libya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.