Deadline: 3 March 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Participate in policy dialogue on education technologies with DMCs.
- Formulate and help implement frameworks, tools, and guidelines to systematically assist DMCs to integrate digital transformation design, planning and implementation in the education sector as well as enable education sector to catalyze digital transformation in other sectors.
- Recommend evidence-based, and tried and tested education technology solutions/platforms that are readily available in the market for considerations in project design and project implementation.
- Work closely with DMC clients in developing technical specifications required in procuring education technology solutions/products.
- Support DMC clients in designing/implementing education technologies/solutions jointly with education technology vendors for pilot and scale up implementation.
- Lead/support studies on measuring the effectiveness of education technology/solution intervention in DMCs with a view to provide effective rollout of education technology solutions/platform in DMCs.
- Lead in designing professional development programs for the education workforce on the application of appropriate education technology solutions in partnership with relevant partners.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in the field of education technology. Alternatively, university degree and at least 5 years specialized experience related to information communication technology, electronic and electrical engineering combined with additional relevant professional experience in education technologies OR university degree in education, business, or social science with hands on professional experience in implementing education technology solutions and applications can be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in education technology development and implementation at national level or regional level in a large country. The expert should be familiar with some of these areas: (i) the latest developing trends in education technologies; (ii) inclusive digital education solutions/platform for students living in remote places; (iii) cloud computing particularly in platform as a service (PaaS) and software as a service (SaaS); and (iv) developing learning content using tools such as Elucidat, iSpring, Unity 3D, etc.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the education sector with a combination of relevant experiences in technical areas such as curriculum, assessment, teacher professional development and policy recommendations, or minimum 8 years’ experience in the technology sector looking at digital transformation opportunities for various sectors including but not limited to education.
- Experience working in or with lead education technology companies, or experience leading the implementation of a national education technology initiatives, or experience working in a digital education technology provider.
- Proactive solution seeker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in Southeast Asia Department (SERD) countries will be an asset.
- Proven record of strong adaptability to diverse clients and colleagues, and teamwork.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.