Deadline: 17 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Juba, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Education Specialist will be responsible to provide technical leadership to the Education programme across the country.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop/revise NRC’s Education strategy and provide technical guidance.
- Develop innovative education and youth programming relevant to the context and flexibility of adopting new strategies and ways of implementing the other education interventions.
- Contribute to fundraising, identify trends and donor priorities.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in Education implementation and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Lead the rollout of the “Teachers in Crisis Contexts” training initiative for Education in Emergencies, and Accelerated Learning Program and other relevant commitments.
- Work with protection specialist and HQ education team to pilot the Better Learning Programme (BLP) and lead the rollout after a successful pilot.
- Ensure crosscutting issues such as gender, protection, inclusion of children and youth with disability and Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse in schools are addressed in education programme.
- Lead the coordination and technical support to implementation of the Multi-Year Resilience Programme (MYRP) for South Sudan.
- Cluster reporting across the Education Sector for South Sudan, including FTS, and 5Ws.
- Promote the use of technology in education programme and continue to engage with the Arizona State University to pilot SolarSPELL digital library initiative to target schools, and explore the use of mobile money technology in education.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum first level university degree Education, or other related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience with living in basic conditions and with field travel.
- Experience with emergency and recovery work and how to link the responses is an advantage.
- Strong proposal writing skills and experience.
- Education sector expertise.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the context in South Sudan is an advantage.
- Specific experience in Education in Emergencies, Accelerated Learning and Youth Education.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.