Deadline: 30 April 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 18 months.
The purpose of the Education Specialist is to take responsibility of the technical development of NRC’s Education programme in Afghanistan, including its strategic direction and quality assurance.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Develop NRC Afghanistan Education strategy and technical guidance.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in Education and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Responsible to support technical capacities and operational implementation for Education First Response in and between Area Offices, including a roving support team.
- Contribute to relevant programmatic and advocacy initiatives, particularly the Protection of Education and Children Protection.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience of accelerated education programmes (desirable ).
- Experience with emergency response or Education First Response (desirable).
- Experience with Protection of Education and Child Protection in Education (desirable).
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.