Deadline: 8 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform following functions:
- Develop Education strategy, technical SOPs, and Macro LFAs in line with NRC Programme Policy and national and international standards, and in coordination with other Core Competences.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education CC implementation, and incorporate them in Education CC and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Provide technical support to the Accelerated Education Programme (AEP) in Kakuma which is scaling up and Dadaab which has been ongoing.
- Engage with KICD (Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development) for the development of an AEP curriculum aligned to the new competency-based curriculum.
- Strengthening of the Education Technology (Ed-Tech) project in Dadaab and support the Kakuma team integrate Ed-Tech into their AEP.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Play a lead role in ongoing fundraising initiative in the Education core competency.
- Review of the Technical and Vocational Training in Dadaab and make recommendations on aligning supply of skills to demand, how to create/develop linkages with the market and complementary skills required to be successful in business.
- Ensure coordination with relevant education stakeholders including representation and effective networking.
Applicants must have:
- University degree or higher education relevant to education and / or social science assignment.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in working as a senior Program Manager and/or Advisor of humanitarian/ recovery education programme, preferably in refugees / IDPs environments.
- Proven expertise in Education (formal, non-formal and informal) with particular focus of complex programme with out of schoolchildren, youth.
- Experience of setting up and implementing monitoring, documentation and learning systems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.