Deadline: 15 July 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Tehran, Iran. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The Education Specialist will ensure technical development of Education Core Competency, strategic direction and quality assurance for the NRC education response in Iran.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Develop the Education strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within the Education Core Competency, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to Program Managers in the field.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in program and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of all Education technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of refugees and displaced in line with the advocacy strategy.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within Education technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Strong Education expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Strong understanding of protection principles.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the Afghanistan displacement context is an asset.
- Knowledge of the refugee context in Iran is an asset.
- Experience with scaling up of education programs in strictly controlled context is an asset.
- Experience with Education related advocacy work is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Nationality of Iran.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.