Deadline: 15 July 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Tehran, Iran. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The Education Specialist will ensure technical development of Education Core Competency, strategic direction and quality assurance for the NRC education response in Iran.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Develop the Education strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within the Education Core Competency, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to Program Managers in the field.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in program and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of all Education technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of refugees and displaced in line with the advocacy strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within Education technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Strong Education expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Strong understanding of protection principles.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the Afghanistan displacement context is an asset.
- Knowledge of the refugee context in Iran is an asset.
- Experience with scaling up of education programs in strictly controlled context is an asset.
- Experience with Education related advocacy work is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Nationality of Iran.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.