Deadline: 1 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The purpose of the Education Specialist position is to ensure the technical development of the Education Core Competency, strategic direction and quality assurance, the Education strategy and quality control.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform following functions:
- Develop Education strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in program and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Core competency expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.