Deadline: 25 May 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Ankara, Turkey.
The Education Specialist will is responsible to provide technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of results on education programmes/projects to improve learning outcomes and equitable and inclusive education, especially for children who are marginalized, disadvantaged and excluded in society.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform following functions-
- Support to programme development and planning
- Support the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the education programmes to ensure that current and comprehensive data on education issues is available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy, advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education programmes.
- Help supervisor set priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and collaborate with internal colleagues and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector on education programmes.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual reviews with the government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Establishment and maintenance of effective coordination mechanisms
- Ensure appropriate coordination with national authorities to the extent the political situation allows.
- Participate in all relevant education sector WGs and inter/cross-sectoral meetings.
- Identify and establish contact with all other relevant education stakeholders including national and international organizations, and representatives of affected populations.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and country office partners and donors on interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices and approaches on education and related issues to support programme management, implementation and delivery of results.
- Arrange/coordinate availability of technical experts with Regional Office/HQ to ensure timely and appropriate support throughout the programming process.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with relevant government counterparts, national stakeholders, global partners, donors, and academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to build capacity, exchange knowledge/expertise and to reinforce cooperation to achieve sustainable and broad results on education programmes.
- Prepare communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and support fund raising for education programmes.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Apply and introduce innovative approaches and good practices to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best practices in education management.
- Assess, institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working both in a developing country and in an emergency context is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic or local language is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.