Deadline: 23 January 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Jayapura, Indonesia.
The Education Specialist is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting the progress of education programmes related to early grade literacy, early childhood development (ECD) and adolescent development.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Support to program/project development and planning
- Support the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the education programmes in Papua and West Papua provinces, to ensure that current and comprehensive data on education issues is available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy, advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education programmes.
- Help supervisor set priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans.
- Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurement to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned education programmes.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and country office partners/donors on interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices and approaches on education and related issues to support program management, implementation and delivery of results.
- Arrange/coordinate availability of technical experts with Jayapura Field Office to ensure timely/appropriate support throughout the programming/projects process.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with relevant government counterparts, national stakeholders and global partners/allies/donors/academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to build capacity, exchange knowledge/expertise and to reinforce cooperation to achieve sustainable and broad results on education programs.
- Prepare communication and information materials for FO and CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for education programs.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- In collaboration with Innovation team in Jakarta office, apply/introduce innovative approaches and good practice to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark and implement best practices in education management. Assess, institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- An Advanced University Degree in education, economics, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in education and related areas.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency and in Papuan provinces is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.