Deadline : 21 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide Leadership and Technical Guidance for Programmes.
- Coordinate UNICEF Engagement with EiE within and outside UNICEF.
- Provide guidance in development and establishment of contingency plans, monitoring, tracking performance and reporting on results.
- Support efforts to mobilize resources for education in emergencies and monitor results.
- Support human resource and capacity building needs for education in emergencies.
- Ensure the development of effective communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and social mobilization efforts for EiE.
- Contribute to the management of the education section and develops and manages Rolling Work Plans for the EiE component of the Afghanistan country programme.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit UNICEF.