Deadline: 7 November 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Panama City, Panama.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Education Specialist will perform following functions-
- Education for Diversity and Inclusion analysis and technical assistance
- Contribute to the analysis and programmatic work of Country and Regional Offices and HQs to strengthen broad inclusive education policies, structures and initiatives that are gender, culturally, socioeconomically and geographically relevant.
- Provide technical assistance and quality assurance to strengthen UNICEF initiatives at regional and country levels to recognize and encourage diversity in education, and strengthen the spaces, programmes, evaluations, pedagogies and school practices in protective learning and diverse environment.
- Conduct and supports data and evidence driven analyses to achieve the above mentioned aims and tasks.
- Regional Specialist on Children with Disabilities and Inclusive programming
- Provide expert advice to colleagues at Regional and Country Offices on integrating the rights of children with disabilities into programme and policy advocacy and formulation in all UNICEF Strategic Plan’s outcome areas, including in emergency contexts.
- Give particular emphasis to Education programming, considering that in LAC this sector is an entry point to strengthen children with disabilities’ rights and demand capacity, with quick wins and potential spill-over effects in favour of children and their
- Work closely with Communication and other Programme areas to identify opportunities and design behaviour change initiatives to promote the social model of disability and combat stigma and discrimination against children with disabilities in the Region.
- Collaborate closely with the NYHQ Disability section and other UNICEF disability specialists and with the UNICEF regional and country offices’ teams of specialists, in the development and testing of operational and technical guidance on inclusive development approaches that can advance quality programming for the social inclusion of children with disabilities.
- Partnerships for the rights of children with disabilities and education for diversity and inclusion
- Liaise with disability-related civil society organisations, private sector, donors, UN agencies and other strategic partner organisations to enhance coordination on inclusive programming at the sub-regional and regional level and support similar efforts at Country Offices.
- Conduct similar efforts with partners working on Education for Diversity and Inclusion, in particular on education for afro-descents, LGBT and other minorities.
- Map existing and potential stakeholders. partners and funding sources aiming at strengthening education for inclusion and diversity and the mainstreaming of children with disabilities’ issues into the development agendas.
- Data and research on the situation of children with disabilities in UNICEF supported programming
- Work closely with LACRO Regional Planning team and HQ Disability, Education and other Programme Sections to ensure effectiveness and efficiency on inclusive programming, with a particular focus on the area of data and analysis around children with disabilities.
- Contribute to identify major gaps with regard to data collection and analysis, disability assessments and research on the situation of children with disabilities and monitor UNICEF’s results. Children with disabilities out of the education system or at risk of dropping out is a priority
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Education, Social Sciences (including on education, sociology, and economy among others), Health Sciences or disability-related technical field.
- Minimum of 5 of relevant professional experience working on issues of children with disabilities, and/or on education for diversity and inclusion related areas.
- At least 3 years of which should be in the context of low and middle income countries.
- Strong technical experience on national, regional and global level work on disability and/or education for diversity and inclusion related issues; on programme planning and implementation; and on guiding monitoring and evaluation efforts in a development agency or international organization context is required.
- Strong knowledge on education policies and programing is required. Clearly demonstrated ability to conceptualize development issues and write high quality technical reports, analytical materials and project proposals is essential.
- Well-developed knowledge leadership and strong people and advocacy skills are needed.
- Direct field and community level experience in programme execution, involving government and international development agencies is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge, production and use of quantitative data and statistics is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (verbal and written) are required.
- Knowledge of another UN Language is considered an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.