Deadline: 16 April 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist (Girls’ Education) in Dakar Senegal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Education Specialist (Girls’ Education) will perform the following functions:
- Management and advisory support to the Regional Education Adviser
- Provide advice to the Regional Education Adviser in establishing the annual work plan, including developing strategies, determining priorities, and performance measurements.
- Coordinate work progress monitoring and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards, and report to Regional Education Adviser critical issues for timely action.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to colleagues in the section on all aspects of programming and implementation to enable them to achieve performance objectives
- Programme development and planning
- Advise the Regional Education Adviser on the preparation, design and updating of the gender analysis aspects of the situation analysis for the education programmes to ensure that current and comprehensive gender disaggregated data on education issues is available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy, advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education programmes.
- Advise the Regional Education Adviser in setting priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans for Girls’ Education in the region.
- Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery.
- Participate in strategic programme discussion on the planning of Girls’ education programmes.
- Formulate, design and prepare programme proposals for the sector, ensuring alignment with UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Programme and coherence/integration with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 8 year’s of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.