Deadline: 11 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The Education Specialist will support formal and non-formal education, school rehabilitation, capacity building for teachers, and closely coordinates with Shelter and Protection.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Contextualization and Master Train the Trainer on TiCC- Capacity Building:
- Review background documents on INEE MS TiCC, DRC’s programme commitments, and develop a contextualized training pack.
- Review modules with the Education PM; adapt as per the contextual requirements, and draft a SoP to share with external stakeholders, such as MoE/DoE.
- Develop a training agenda, facilitators manual, participants hand-outs, agenda templates, and power point slides.
- Deliver a 5-day Master ToT to DRC internal staff (approximately 15), prepare pre-and post-data collection for training participants, and provide a quality training report.
- Design a 2-day Master ToT on Facilitation Techniques for DRC staff (approximately 15), focused on strengthening wider facilitation skills.
- Development of the At-Home Learning Package and Training:
- Conduct a desk review of community-based EiE activities in complex humanitarian contexts, specifically on approaches to improve literacy for out-of-school children.
- Develop the monitoring tools in consultation with the Education Manager and PDQ Manager, including pre and post test tools, for the pilot roll-out of the AHL package.
- Develop and SoP on the package to share with external stakeholders, such as MoE/DoE.
- Develop a training manual and deliver a 3-5- day ToT to DRC staff on how to facilitate the At-Home Learning Package.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and mentoring on technical skills to field-based staff.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education and/or other related studies.
- Master’s degree in International Education, Education in Emergencies and/or International Development preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and implementing EiE packages in emergency contexts or fragile states, specifically community-based approaches and staff capacity building packages.
- Demonstrable experience in developing technical guidance and manuals, SoPs, and monitoring tools.
- Proven experience in leading master ToT’s in INEE MS TiCC and contextualizing training to country context.
- Experience in training and coaching junior staff.
- Experience of applying and contextualizing relevant interagency humanitarian frameworks and standards in education in emergencies (for example INEE Minimum Standards, SPHERE, IASC guidelines etc.,).
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task workload when necessary.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of DRC.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.