Deadline: 20 May 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Higher Education Specialist in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Higher Education Specialist will be to lead advocacy efforts and provide technical support to Higher Education Institutions to implement this activity.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Higher Education Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead the effort to establish and maintain relationships with relevant government institutions including the Ministry of Research Technology and Higher Education.
- Build partnerships with Higher Education Institutions to support the Student Service Entrepreneurship Program. Establish partnerships to support the development and/or revisions of entrepreneurship modules to be used with HEI partners.
- Work with partner HEIs to identify and train Master Trainers within Universities to pilot the Student Service Entrepreneurship Program and organize National Training of Trainers events.
- Providing technical support to HEIs on the implementation of entrepreneurship programming, and support training for HEI staff and students who participate in entrepreneurship education activities.
- In partnership with HEIs represented by the KKN Unit, Career Development Center (CDC) Unit, and the Monitoring & Evaluation Division of Mitra Kunci, develop and test tools to monitor implementation of the program, and ensure effective application of the entrepreneurship modules.
- Provide necessary inputs for scaling up and adoption by Universities.
- Disseminate evaluation results and create peer-to-peer learning opportunites between HEIs who implement and others who are interested in scaling up the program.
- In partnership with HEIs, conduct scale-up training to other universities as applicable after the pilot had been conducted.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, economics, management, social development, psychology or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical management role on a donor-funded project.
- Experience with USAID preferred.
- Technical experience and knowledge of education or higher education in Indonesia.
- Training experience and skills preferred.
- Experience monitoring and evaluating donor-funded international development projects is strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Plan International.