Deadline: 09 August 2022
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Humanitarian Mine Action Officer in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 7 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Humanitarian Mine Action Officer will perform the following functions:
- Assist the HMA team leader in the identification of areas for NTS processes.
- Assist the HMA team leader and the HMA manager in the planning of NTS & EORE tasks when required.
- Identify and mobilize targeted communities for NTS tasks base on reported suspected hazardous areas.
- Implement NTS & EORE processes in compliance with relevant SOPs and guidelines, including desk research, individual interviews, focus group discussions, key stakeholder’s interviews, and reporting
- Provide basic risk education to affected communities and recommend more advanced risk education intervention by the Risk Education team whenever needed.
- Conduct explosive ordnance risk education activities and sessions as required.
- Deliver EORE training alongside other DRC/HDP activities in the communities, ensuring close coordination, collaboration, and programmatic synergies.
- Be familiar with and follow all safety SOPs in DRC Nigeria and communicate any change on the security situation to the Team Leader and DRC Safety unit.
- Establish and maintain working relations with local authorities and communities.
- Carry out all other responsibilities included in the approved NTS and EORE SOPs.
Applicants must have:
- University degree or equivalent in education, social sciences or any other relevant field.
- Certificate/Accreditation of participation in a Non-Technical Survey Training by recognized INGO.
- Certificate/Accreditation of participation in a EORE (or similar) Training by recognized INGO.
- Experience living and working in a cross-cultural, multi-sector team environment especially North East Nigeria
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to gather information using new technologies and Apps.
- Previous experience in conducting interviews and surveys.
- At least 3 years of proven previous experience in NTS and EORE.
- Fluency in English and Hausa (and/or Kanuri)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work in a team.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.