Deadline: 23 July 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Officer (Education) in Beirut, Lebanon.
The Information Management Officer (Education) will support the Education section in data management, data collection, and result monitoring, including support the Education Section and Planning and Monitoring Unit in the collation and organisation of education-related data; stemming from UNICEF Education planning documents (AWP, HRRP, donor log frames, RACE).
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Information Management Officer (Education) will perform following functions-
- Provide IM services to the Education Team for key decision making.
- These services will include data collection, collation, analysis, dissemination processes relevant to the needs of the sector, including data collection and map production.
- This may require building additional and appropriate capacity through the training of staff members of the sector partners.
- Maintain and update contact directories of education section partners.
- Data Gathering, Tools and Process
- Support data collection on a project basis for education activities implemented by the Education team and where UN agencies and NGOs have a supporting role, such as Accelerated Learning Programmes (ALP) Outreach.
- Identify secondary data and information resources that are useful for education analysis.
- Support indicators-tracking by developing analysis products based on information reported.
- Indicators-tracking database and derivative products, such as maps.
- Needs and gap identification for the sector.
- Inventory of relevant common data sets, including population data disaggregated by age and sex.
- Dissemination and Access to Information for Stakeholders.
- Develop a monthly education data sheet that will show most recent validated information, in collaboration with UN, NGOs and government stakeholders.
- Ensure that relevant information is shared to field level through the education partners groups, attend field meetings to provide regular briefings on the data available and results.
- Regularly review effectiveness of methods to share information in an appropriate way (ie not all stakeholders have access to the same type of information systems) using internet, field facilitators, hard copies, verbal feedback at coordination.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree in geographic sciences, humanitarian affairs, political science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, Architecture, Communications, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and relevant computer programs and software.
- Understanding of GIS/Cartographic outputs and ability to collect and organize data to support their production (potentially to be produced by others).
- Ability to present information in understandable tables, charts and graphs.
- Ability to maintain and manage website content.
- Data storage and file management expertise.
- Assessment, survey, and monitoring and evaluation expertise.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS or other mapping software an advantage.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic and English required.
- French is an advantage.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.