Deadline: 30 May 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate and assist with project management team (PMT) on the development of overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials.
- Support the PMT to manage the implementation of the project ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation periods.
- Develop a systematic and realistic monitoring system/tools that captures quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators.
- Proactively support the PMT in regular update the work plan, output tracker, PMF/M&E Plan and other documents relevant for effective project management.
- Conduct regular follow up and monitoring visits at project intervention areas.
- Facilitate/follow up the implementation of baseline, midline and end-line surveys; follow up research activities of the project.
- Provide regular and timely updates on project progress and challenges to supervisor and other project team members.
- Build capacity of local communities, partners and staffs on the M&E, data management, data analysis and results oriented programming and report writing techniques.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- B.A. Degree in Education, Community Development, Development Studies, Statistics, Economics and other social sciences with at least 3 year’s relevant experience on Monitoring and Evaluation position in Education and Child protection programs both at refugee camp and development context.
- Practical experiences and knowledge working in humanitarian and development projects at refuges, specifically setting up and managing M&E systems.
- Familiar and experienced in development and implementation of logical framework, M&E plan and required M&E data collection tools.
- Good knowledge and experience in the implementation of gender equality and child protection focused projects.
- Knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of effective participatory training facilitation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems and processes.
- Experience on developing and implementing comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plans, including data collection tools/instruments and quality assurance protocols.
- Good facilitation skills to lead review/reflection meetings with the project team, partners and other stakeholders and promote the use of M&E data.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.