Deadline: 7 May 2019
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Team Leader (Education) in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Operations Team Leader is responsible to manage the portfolio of education projects and TAs within approved costs, timeliness and quality to ensure efficient delivery of the bank’s mandate to support socio-economic development in relevant member countries.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Team Leader will perform the following functions:
- Project Appraisal
- Lead the execution of project appraisals to ensure comprehensive coverage of the technical, economic, social, financial, procurement, institutional and environmental aspects of project proposals in line with the operations manual and applicable policies/procedures of the bank.
- Seek input from respective DG Global Practices and Chief Economist sector teams to further refine and enhance project appraisal documents prior to submission for board approval.
- Ensure all changes identified during project processing is incorporated in all relevant documents for alignment of project design and approach prior to submission of project for board approval.
- Project Approval
- Follow up and communicate project approval status in line with IDB’s disclosure policy to country focal point.
- Project Implementation and Monitoring
- Provide input to the relevant Procurement and Financial Management staff during to ensure procurement and financial management of projects are in line with the policies of the bank
- Coordinate with respective Global Practice sectoral leads for technical assistance in all aspects across the project lifecycle.
- Review disbursement requests and advise on clearance status to country management to ensure timely resolution of procurement and other related issues.
- Project Closure and Review
- Contribute, as required, to the development of project completion reports at the completion of each project, to ensure the problems and issues faced, the actions taken and the lessons learned are documented for reference in future projects.
- Provide input to Sectoral Teams in Global Practice, Knowledge Management and the Institutional Learning Unit to ensure lessons learned are recorded for reference in future projects.
- Provide input to Operations Quality and Results Unit regarding the operational cycle of projects to ensure necessary operational policy and procedural improvements are implemented.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Agriculture, Economics, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the development sector, with 5 in the assigned sector.
- Fluency in English.
- Preference will given to Indonesian
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IsDB.