Deadline: 5 July 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Operational Support
- Support implementation of CD&A within school feeding with local partners, UN agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Support the process of calls for proposals for innovative CD&A within school feeding from local organizations.
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Coordination with Research, Assessments, and Monitoring team, support the development and updating of a monitoring system for CD&A within school feeding.
- Organise and undertake field missions to monitor the implementation of CD&A within school feeding activities.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the secretariat of the Inter-Ministerial Coordination Council on School Feeding under the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population and to the School Feeding Centre within the Ministry of Education and Science of Tajikistan, as required.
- Participate in the preparation of donor missions, workshops, round tables, coordination meetings and other relevant events related to CD&A within school feeding.
- Administrative Support
- Perform translation from/to English and Tajik on short documents, presentations, and written correspondence.
- Serve as alternate for the business support assistant (programme) and other activity programme assistants in relation to administrative functions, including but not limited to, processing travel documents, purchase orders, and purchase requisitions.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education and post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Economics, Nutrition, Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, or other field relevant to international development assistance.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in programme, of which at least 3 year’s is in implementation of projects working in the private business sector, government agencies, United Nations, and/or national or international non-profit organizations.
- Experience in liaisons with national counterparts such as local authorities, state agencies and ministries.
- Strong knowledge of Russian is an advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Tajik is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.