Deadline: 29 January 2023
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Ensure effective planning, overall coordination, implementation, monitoring (including situation monitoring and assessments), documentation, information management, and reporting on all project interventions and all phases of implementation.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and partners to ensure that monitoring systems are properly designed, and that data collection and analysis is coordinated and feeds into program performance monitoring.
- Work closely internally in UNICEF with different sections (Education, Child Protection, WASH, Supply and Logistics) and relevant program and operation staff including Construction Engineers, Administration and Financial Specialists, and federal/field office Specialists for the relevant multi-sectoral programs to coordinate and monitor the EU-funded project.
- Work closely with the Education, Child Protection and WASH clusters, WFP and Plan International to ensure that there is effective convergence programming in selected sites and no duplication and overlap in the implementation of interventions.
- Ensure that project milestones are achieved on time and alert the supervisor, Chief of Education and EU focal person of any challenges rewiring their attention and support
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Education, Social Sciences, Statistics, Planning development and M&E, Planning or another related subject;
- First University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience at the national and international levels in education program development and implementation including M&E activities;
- Previous experience working with the UN System, including a specialized agency such as UNICEF is an asset;
- Experience in coordinating humanitarian/development programs with different stakeholders/partners;
- Experience in implementing education programs or coordinating education response in humanitarian settings is and added advantage;
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.