Deadline: 26 July 2022
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer – Gender and Social Inclusion in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Officer – Gender and Social Inclusion will perform the following functions-
- In line with ILO’s guidance for GESI for projects aiming at GE 3, support the agencies to establish the Project Monitoring Framework, including the indicators for gender equality, social inclusion and budgetary allocation to achieve these targets
- Support partners in implementing activities aimed at achieving the gender and social inclusion targets envisaged in the Project Monitoring Framework. Identify deviations, risks and challenges associated with this.
- In coordination with the gender focal points of partner organizations under the program, design a coordinated approach for advocacy and social changes in promoting women in non-traditional skills development activities, entrepreneurial activities for the host communities and resilient livelihood and transportable skills development for the Rohingya refugees.
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Youth and its offices to ensure gender-friendly training programs, training facilities and targeted programs for promoting skills development for the women and girls mainly from the most vulnerable household, including the indigenous households
- Organize knowledge-sharing events, including the social dialogues, workshops, seminars, training, and study tour on gender equality and gender targeting in entrepreneurship and skills development programs;
- Support capacity building of the private sector, civil society and other existing workers in promoting a gender-friendly work environment, training programs and employment opportunities.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in education, public policy, development studies, gender studies, social science or other fields related to job requirements.
- At least 2 year’s of progressively solid experience in a technical and vocational education sector, enterprise development in Bangladesh, providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development policies and programmes and establishing inter-relationships among international organizations and national governments specifically in the field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Proficient in speaking and writing in English and Bangla.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.