Deadline: 16 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer in Mubi, Nigeria.
The Protection Officer will be responsible for the supervision of the Protection activities and team on his/her axis of responsibility.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Under the supervision of the Protection Team Leader, ensure timely and qualitative implementation of the Protection activities at field level, in line with DRC and international standards, and donor agreements. Activities include Protection monitoring, Referrals, IPA (Case management), Capacity building, Community Protection intervention, and advocacy efforts.
- Supervise, mentor, and develop teams of Protection assistants in field locations, as well as teams of Protection volunteers (including workplan, capacity building, and technical support).
- Draft Protection Monitoring, activity reports, and evidence based advocacy note on a weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis.
- Represent DRC at local coordination meetings, establish and maintain good working relationship with key stakeholders in areas of responsibilities(I/N/NGO, local authorities, camp officials, etc.).
- Establish good working relationships and high level of communication with the Protection Manager and field assistants.
Applicants must have:
- BA./BSc. in relevant field (sociology, social work, psychology, education, counselling, human rights, development studies etc.).
- 2 years of work experience in a humanitarian organization.
- 1 years of hands on experience in protection sector.
- Experience with remote management will be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing), proven capacity to maintain communication with remote locations.
- High reporting skills (excellent writing skills).
- Strong ability to multi-tasks and work independently, attention to details, and high level of proactivity.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must send their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.