Deadline: 21 May 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Education Adviser in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 24 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Education Adviser will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for the provision of strategic advice and guidance to the Country Offices in relation to the core competency to ensure that NRC delivers high quality, effective and relevant programming.
- Accountable for the capacity development along the technical reporting lines (to COs and RO) within the Education core competency including the mentoring and development of key staff in the country offices.
- Contribute to the recruitment and induction of appropriately qualified core competency staff.
- Responsible for the further development of NRC’s country office Education programmes ensuring that NRC remains a relevant actor.
- Contribute to the identification and utilization of programmatic synergies between Education and the other core competencies as well as the development areas through the integrated programme approach.
- Responsible for the documentation, analysing and dissemination of Education learning from the country programs including the sharing of best practices, resources and tools ensuring coherence, efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
- Responsible for the networking and representation of NRC in regional policy debates in relation to Education.
- Contribute to the participation of the core competency in country clusters and representation in various fora when requested and relevant.
- Contribute to the identification, development and maintenance of relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g. donors, UN agencies, NGOs) related to Education in the region and the related countries.
- Contribute to the resource mobilisation and fundraising for regional programme development related to Education.
- Contribute to the development and facilitate the use of effective assessment and M&E systems ensuring compliance with NRC programme policy, quality standards and technical guidance.
- Contribute to the overall analysis, strategic use and dissemination of relevant data for Education.
- Contribute to the alignment of M&E and PCM systems with the Education core competency.
- Contribute to the identification, prioritization, development and documentation of advocacy issues related to Education.
- Responsible for the monitoring of country programme compliance with the Programme Policy and to activate procedures to obtain approval/rejection of context specific deviations from the programme policy in country offices.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience as a manager within the humanitarian field, including preferably experience of working as an adviser.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, and ability to work independently in a result oriented, multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Experience in drafting and encouraging implementation of policy/strategic guidance, and developing practical tools and resources.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to represent organisation at a strategic level.
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.