Deadline: 13 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Risk Education Assistant in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The Risk Education Assistant (REA) will monitor activities related to the implementation through partner’s risk education programming aiming to reduce the threat posed by mines, explosive remnants of war (ERW) and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) to the population living in Lebanon as well as refugees returning or potentially returning to Syria.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Risk Education Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Monitor MRE sessions for adults and children by partners in line with to DDG SOPs.
- Record and report MRE beneficiaries’ numbers according to gender and age, using a standardized reporting template.
- Collect all necessary details from MRE sessions accurately and completely.
- Participate in the development of the content and update of monitoring tools.
- Act as an ambassador for DRC/DDG, maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Maintain basic knowledge of common types of landmines and ordnance relating to the context in Lebanon and the Syrian border areas.
- Maintain good working relations within DRC-DDG, partners and other organizations in the area of responsibility.
- Understand, and ensure compliance of the DDG Global SOP on Risk Education, and ensure the observance of the DRC-DDG Code of Conduct.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for DRC/DDG staff, beneficiaries and assets by ensuring the local security procedures are up to date and SOPs are being followed in line DRC/DDG policy.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University degree or a secondary education degree paired with experience or another related field.
- Prior experience in a training role.
- At least 3 years with an NGO.
- Experience in EOD, BAC and none technical / technical survey is advantageous
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.