Deadline: 31 March 2017
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Social Sector Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
The Senior Social Sector Specialist will maintain a suitable network in the financial sector to keep abreast of the latest developments and issues.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Social Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead in the development of sector policy and strategies for the social sector in DMCs, including TVET in consultation with relevant government agencies and ADB’s Resident Missions (RMs).
- Conduct dialogue with government officials of DMCs on social sector policy and reforms.
- Lead and participate in country teams and provide substantive technical sector inputs for the Country Partnership Strategy (CPS).
- Coordinate with RMs for consistency of approach, exchange of experiences, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of social sector policy commitments to the management of projects.
- Lead in the identification of opportunities for ADB assistance projects in the TVET and education in DMCs.
- Liaise and coordinate with development agencies on program loans and investment projects.
- Ensure ADB’s policies and guidelines are implemented in the design and implementation of social sector projects.
- Take the role of coach to develop capabilities/potential of reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff with oversight from a more senior staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Plan and ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sector or other related specialized fields.
- University degree in Social Sector or other related fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in social sectors (preferably TVET, education, or economics) and project administration at senior levels.
- Experience in applying expertise in an international setting within the social sector.
- Experience in working in a developing nation.
- International experience working in several countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.