Deadline:18 December 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Assistant in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Technical Assistant will be responsible to research, compile, organize and analyze technical information as well as manage and maintain all aspects of technical documents and products.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Review the technical documentation provided by suppliers in response to unit bidding activities, prepares a Technical Evaluation Summary report for approval by the Technical Specialist.
- Conduct sample evaluation as part of the technical evaluation process if necessary.
- Draft, prepare and finalize product specifications for UNICEF Supply Division’s Medical Device products on basis of existing documentation, directives and customer requirements.
- Translate specification with expert help if necessary.
- Communicate with country offices and suppliers to obtain all necessary clarifications.
- Assist countries on technical related matters and seeks expert advice when required.
- Draft product technical cards for Supply Catalogue database and ensures that all product specifications are kept up to date in the material master, hosted in our ERP system (SAP).
- Propose creations and amendments to materials within the range of commodities under their responsibility directly in the material master database.
- Co-ordinate the review and checking procedure of all product related information with the relevant stakeholders for technical cards and technical bulletins to be ready for publication.
- Maintain technical aspects of the qualified suppliers’ profile.
- Prepare list of potential pre-qualified suppliers for requisitions, issue score cards and forwards it to the Contracting function for purchasing action.
- Contribute to technical advice on medical equipment, devices and consumables for maternal, neonatal and child health.
- Assist in monitoring product performance, technical suitability appropriateness and durability on basis of information collected from country offices.
- Investigate deviation in supply agreements in partnership with Quality Assurance Centre and Customer Services and Field Support Centre (CSFS).
- Assist in research and cataloguing of new products.
- Keep abreast of program requirements and prepares technical bulletins for publication.
- Update the intranet page with technical requirements (technical provisions; guidance notes, catalogue reference and photos, status of innovation projects).
- Support the Technical specialist with market surveys, identifying new potential suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and attending to all routine work in his/her absence.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience working with technical/quality aspects of medical equipment, devices and consumables, ideally covering both clinical and bio-medical products.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Fluency in English.
- Tertiary level courses in primary health, clinical, nursing, bio-medical or other relevant health related areas.
- Very good knowledge of usage of medical equipment, devices and consumables.
- Exposure to usage of medical equipment, devices and consumables in UNICEF program countries and/or resource limited settings.
- Knowledge of procurement practices.
- Proficiency in SAP.
- Proficiency in Power Point.
- Proficiency in additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.