Deadline: 28 November 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer Health Promotion in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Officer Health Promotion will perform following functions-
- Provide guidance on review/development of national policies, programs and structures for health promotion.
- Coordinate actions aimed at addressing the broad determinants of health that influence health and well-being, including water and sanitation as well as environmental health in light of sustainable development.
- Support priority health programs to strengthen community engagement, social mobilization, communication for behavioral change and support multi sectoral actions to address health inequities.
- Provide technical support on application of methods such as health literacy, behavior change communication, health education, social mobilization and advocacy in health programs.
- Provide technical support for the development of guidelines to promote use of community-based approaches, affordable strategies and technologies for the delivery of quality care services particularly primary and secondary prevention, integrating health promotion in chronic illness management.
- Support the Ministry of Health and its partners to develop, implement and evaluate policies, strategies and action plans for the control of NCDs in line with the NCDs Global Action Plan 2013-2020.
- Forge partnerships and networks to enhance multi-disciplinary and multi-sectoral collaboration to address NCDs and their risk factors in the country.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Health Promotion or basic degree in health related field with a post graduate degree in public health , a health development subject area such as health education, health communication, medical sociology/anthropology, education, population studies or public health field with good knowledge of health promotion theory and practice or epidemiology training.
- At least 5 years of experience in public health and program management of disease control, working with national /international organizations that deal with health promotion, public health or development.
- Knowledge of or qualification in health or health related discipline, ability to write well, implementation of multi sectorial interventions, policy development skills.
- Experience in planning, implementing, monitoring/evaluation of main control programs disease and experience working with the United Nations or International Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Excellent internet based learning and networking as well as excellent computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and processing of databases).
- Excellent knowledge of English, French or Portuguese (depending on the official language of the country).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.