Deadline: 18 October 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Admin and Communications Associate in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Admin and Communications Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide administrative support to the operational planning and development of projects and work plans and assist the Supervisor and the programme through the provision of targeted, seamless programmatic, financial and administrative support work along the life-circle of the project(s).
- Verify obligating documents, cross-checking relevant information available from GSM or other online systems, ensuring the availability of funds, updating files, and transferring funds as instructed or as delegated clearance of obligating documents, checking them for completeness, and following-up on missing elements, liquidating obligations and undertaking reconciliation as required.
- Verify expenditures to comply with work plans, financial rules and regulations and award agreements.
- Follow up actions on financial and budgetary matters, acting as admin approver within delegated authority, and coordinate the mid-term reviews and the end ofyear of biennium closure of accounts exercise for the programme.
- Handle all necessary administrative and financial procedures required for initiation, processing and closure of non-staff contracts such as APWs, GES and other modalities, and keep an up-to-date roster of relevant suppliers including but not limited to media and design agencies, vide/photographers, social media experts, media consultants and personalities,etc.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc financial reports using GSM and other related sources of information to assist the supervisor in taking appropriate decisions and to ensure that funds are utilized optimally.
- Draft routine and non-routine correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions finalize correspondence/reports for signature analyse incoming correspondence and requests, researching, obtaining and attaching background information where required, or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff concerned to urgent items and deadlines.
- Handle the unit’s regular dissemination of media releases and other communications products, using Outlookmailing lists, Corporate WhatsApp groups, mailing dissemination platforms such as Campaign Monitor.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by experience or training in related fields.
- University Degree in Administration, communications, marketing, Journalism or a related field.
- At least 8 year’s experience in administration and/or other relevant fields such as public information, media and communications.
- Relevant experience in UN or international organization.
- Relevant experience in areas of Mass Communication and Social Media.
- Excellent knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, and administrative procedures.
- Sound knowledge of media and communications practices including familiarity with social media.
- Expert knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.