Deadline: 22 May 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Business Support Assistant will deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University Degree in any related field is desirable.
- 4 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under Fighting Hunger Worldwide minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English language and the duty station’s language, Arabic.
- Knowledge of other UN languages (especially Russian and French) is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.