Deadline: 24 August 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Education in Cairo, Egypt.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Education will perform the following functions:
- Managerial leadership
- Establish the section’s annual work plan with the education team, and set priorities and targets.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
- Supervise team members by providing them with clear objectives, goals, direction, and guidance.
- Programme development and planning
- Lead the planning and updating of the situation analysis to ensure that current and comprehensive data is available.
- Keep abreast of national, regional and international development priorities on education to leverage UNICEF’s position and competencies with donors, national governments, communities and constituents to advocate and promote education initiatives and policies.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the development of education programmes/projects (as a full component of the CO and/or UNDAF programmes).
- Establish plans of action, programme goals and results, using results-based planning methodology and terminology (RBM).
- Programme management, monitoring and quality control of results
- Plan and collaborate on monitoring and evaluation initiatives to establish benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators.
- Prepare and assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths, and/or weaknesses in programme and management.
- Prepare and submit programme and project reports to donors and other partners to keep them informed on programme progress and critical issues.
- Advisory services and technical support
- Provide technical advice to key government officials, NGO, UN system and other country office partners on strategies and best practices to influence approaches and policies.
- Promote LSCE in all stages of education and ADAP programme that include curriculum development, teacher training, assessment of learning achievement and training module/manuals for ADAP.
- Coordinate and ensure the availability of technical experts (with Regional Office/HQ) to ensure timely support throughout all stages of programming and project implementation.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- 10 year’s of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education at the international level is required.
- Experience of managing a large education programme with around 20 staff in a complex programming environment is essential.
- Experience working in a lower middle income and a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic or another official UN language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.