Deadline: 30 June 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication and Public Information Assistant in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication and Public Information Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Undertake and complete specialized support services in a range of communication and information management areas encompassing promotion, advocacy, media relations, events management, research, publication, documentation and information management activities.
- Identify communication and information management needs and discuss requirements for specific assignments with the project manager and staff. Provide support for the design and development of communication and information products to best reflect key messages and target different audiences.
- Develop, by compiling information from a range of different sources and/or review communication and information products, verifying accuracy of information and ensuring correct layout and design in compliance with applicable standards.
- Coordination the development of documentation videos on the project’s activities in close liaison with the relevant service providers and media companies.
- Develop and update a media contacts/distribution list, and media companies and consultants list.
- Establish and update a database of the photos and videos of the project.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education supplemented by a training in communication or information management-related area.
- Minimum 6 year’s of work experience, in communication in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government.
- Experience in a non-governmental organization or in the United Nations (desirable).
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in both Arabic and English.
- Proficiency in using state-of-art media technologies, web-based media outlets and social media networks.
- Excellent command in English. Good knowledge of Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.