Deadline: 20 October 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Editor in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Editor will perform the following functions:
- Manage the peer review processes and editorial aspects of the production process from submitted manuscripts up to acceptable versions for publication in the Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal.
- Edit and proofread manuscripts and undertakes research and checking of contents, clarifies editorial and technical points with authors, reviewers and editors as appropriate, ensures consistency of text, tables and illustrations and conformity with international standards.
- Follow-up the timely submission of commissioned papers, editorials and reports.
- Collaborate with suitable editors in processing French and Arabic manuscripts and translation of abstracts and titles between the three working languages of the Journal (i.e. English, French and Arabic).
- Prepare the provisional list of contents for each of the 12 annual issues of the Journal and the occasional thematic issues or similar products.
- Undertake the technical part of the production process, particularly ensuring consistency of the layout and contents.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in health sciences (e.g. medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, allied or applied health sciences, etc.)
- University Degree in Medicine or Master’s Degree in health sciences or health/medical journalism is an asset.
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience in peer-reviewed scholarly journals or health related editing experience.
- 3 year’s relevant experience working at national or international levels in technical editing and managing health related journals.
- Expert knowledge of medical terminology, scientific language and editorial processes.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.