Deadline: 9 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Cairo, Egypt.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning through contributing to the preparation and update of the situation analysis for the development, design and management of education in emergency related programmes/projects.
- Contribute to the development of the Regional Refugee & Resilience Plan and establishment of sectoral programme goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning.
Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing and administering a variety of technical programme transactions.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results, by working closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues.
- Submit reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets).
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation through field visits and surveys to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency meetings and events on programming to collaborate with inter-agency partners on UNDAF operational planning and preparation of education programmes/projects.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required education, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.