Deadline: 30 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Cairo, Egypt.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
- Perform administrative duties related to the monitoring and recording of fixed assets, spend on fuel and spare parts for vehicles and generators, to ensure that the databases are accurately updated.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting.
- Advanced University Degree in the same subject(s) or membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA), Institute of Management accountants (IMA) or equivalent Will be preferable.
- Minimum 3 year’s related experience.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English languages.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.