Deadline: 3 February 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Girls Lead Safer Cities Project Coordinator in Alexandria, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Girls Lead Safer Cities Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Work closely with the programme manager, field officer and implementing partners to ensure that activities are implemented in a coordinated and phased manner.
- Develop, implement, oversees and monitors the project, in accordance with the objectives, activities and targets outlined within the proposal and in line with project’s budget.
- Manage budgets and monitor expenses for the projects.
- Forecast and follows up on expenditures related to the projects and participates in budgets revision exercises.
Field monitoring visits to Plan’s and partners’ activities on regular basis.
- Identify logistic and admin support needs related to the project and communicates these to the programme manager and relevant admin support person.
- Lead the work planning process with partners and coordinate between partners to ensure complementary activities and sequencing among activities.
- Frequently revise the work plans ensuring proper sequencing of activities and timelines.
- Provide coordination and administrative support in developing and carrying out partner staff training and development.
- Manage the technical and managements with all partners, ensuring that the activities are synergized, organized and managed optimally while at the same time operated in compliance with donor requirements and relevant guidelines.
- Ensure all support documents (means of verification) and general project documents are properly filled in and filed.
- Ensure quality technical inputs into the design and delivery of the program activities including field implementation.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports for both internal and external purposes as per donor requirement.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in social sciences, development studies or related discipline.
- Post Graduate qualification is desirable.
- 2 year’s managerial experience at a similar level preferably in an NGO environment is desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of -funded projects will be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge with gender issues, specifically, women safety in public spaces.
- Good knowledge of project management and budget planning Skills.
- Ability to analyse the social and political structures, dynamics and power relations that enable/exclude girls and boys to/from enjoying the fulfilment of their rights and equality.
- Understand national policies related to children rights and girls equality.
- Understand causes and consequences of gender discrimination, exclusion and inequality and how they contribute to the non-realization of children’s, adolescents rights and developing practical strategies to address them.
- Understand evolving capacities and developmental stages of children, adolescents and young people.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.