Deadline: 28 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Reporting Specialist in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Monitoring and Reporting Specialist will support ROAS in the quality assurance and completion of internal UN Women reports, donor reports, as well as consolidate required briefs and data for existing and future programmatic interventions.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Reporting Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Ensure linkage of Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and corresponding Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Plans with the UN Women Strategic Plan.
- Review and provide feedback to Development Results Frameworks (DRF) and Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness Frameworks (OEEF) at country / regional level.
- Ensure training and capacity building of RBM is transferred to programme partners and country offices as a whole.
- Provide technical support to planning, monitoring and reporting processes in the RMS.
- Ensure regular analysis of delivery and programme implementation both financially and through the AWP.
- Conduct regular analysis and identify gaps for support to accelerate delivery and implementation of AWPs at the regional and country level.
- Provide quality assurance of program documents and proposals through review of results frameworks in order to meet SMART criteria.
- Prepare and track the implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Plan at regional level and at the CO level.
- Provide guidance to CO/ programme staff on evaluations.
- Ensure communication between the CO and RO regarding Evaluations.
Applicants must have-
- Master`s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women’s Studies.
- University degree in Monitoring and Results Based Management considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant national/international working experience in international development with substantive experience in the area of development and or gender equality and women’s empowerment issues.
- 2-3 years of experience working in the area of monitoring and reporting, including proven track-record in the design and implementation of comprehensive monitoring systems.
- Experience in the United Nations, UN Women and/or other multilateral organization, field work experience, are highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Excellent English writing skills required.
- Working knowledge of French and Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.