Deadline: 10 February 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (South-South and Triangular Cooperation) in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer (South-South and Triangular Cooperation) will perform the following functions-
- Collaborate with and supports FAO’s regional office and respective country Offices to mobilize resources and south-south cooperation partnerships in line with defined corporate priorities.
- Support dialogue, cooperation and joint action for regional and inter-regional SSTC.
- Assist with liaising with government authorities and local, national and international institutions as well as private sector and civil society partners to explore funding opportunities.
- Support negotiations of funding agreements and project proposals.
- Support capacity development efforts under SSTC with regard to Resource Mobilization and SSC partnerships through policy development, the production of training material and delivery of training.
- Support mobilizing Southern knowledge and expertise through leveraging existing Technical Institutions, Networks, Communities of Practitioners, Centres of Excellence and Universities as key partners for technical assistance and cooperation.
- Support participation in the organization of marketing and outreach activities related to FAO’s Strategic Objectives and defined priority areas; facilitates resource partner meetings, events and outreach campaigns.
- Contribute to the Resource Mobilization and South-South Cooperation functional networks and supports Regional Initiatives teams; monitors and reports on key results.
- Participate in the identification, formulation and preparation of Programme and project proposals and monitors and reviews the status of Programme/project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document.
- Identify inconsistencies and delays and, when necessary, proposes corrective measures to overcome operational constraints.
- Support the marketplace forum to promote and launch new ideas, mechanism and partnerships between development partners, the UN, South-South and Triangular Cooperation partners (SSTC), International Finance Institutions (IFIs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and the private sector, as well as mobilize resources, in order to accelerate the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in in agriculture, agricultural economics, forestry, fisheries, social sciences or any other field related to the work of the Organization and 2 years of relevant experience in a technical area relevant to FAO’s global mandate and/or project implementation linked to FAO’s activities in the country.
- Experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Experience in programme/project development and management in south-south cooperation projects and programmes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and functions of the technical programme, operational guidelines and project/programme management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO.
- Experience in institutional collaboration and partnership with governments, private sector and development regional, national and local agencies.
- Experience in capacity development, training, knowledge sharing, and international technical cooperation programmes.
- Working knowledge of English (Level C) and Limited knowledge (Level B) of French or Arabic.
- Nationality of Egypt.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.