Deadline: 31 October 2022
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator – Digital Economy in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Project Coordinator – Digital Economy will perform the following functions:
- Active engagement and strengthening the collaboration with partners and digital economy platforms in Egypt (e.g. training institutions, relevant government and private institutions, social partners, and other stakeholders) aiming to identify entry points and the implementation of interventions, while building synergies with other existing initiatives in Egypt with particular focus on the most marginalised groups (refugees, people with disabilities, women …etc.).
- Support effective implementation of the programme through the provision of inputs, the delivery of outputs, monitoring and evaluation of activities, and communicating results.
- Support the programme and PM to develop programme’s work plans, presentations, and information databases covering programme activities, prepare periodic and ad hoc reports on the implementation status, and coordinate with concerned ILO offices, departments and programmes.
- Support the CPM in the effective management of funds/budgets allocated to the programme, in accordance with ILO rules and financial and procurement regulations.
- Support the coordination of project implementation including through discussions with project implementing partners, field visits, and participation in reviews and evaluations determining targets delivery.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (BA or equivalent) in economics, political science, business administration, development studies or related fields.
- 3 year’s experience in the area of socio-economic domain at a managerial level.
- Prior experience with youth employment programmes and projects and/or development projects focused on job creation in the digital economy are considered assets.
- Familiarity and previous work experience with the ILO or other UN agencies/development partner organisation would be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of English and good working knowledge of Arabic (spoken and written).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.