Deadline: 15 December 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Cairo, Egypt.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Participate in the development and implementation of country sourcing strategies or specialist procurement initiatives that support effective and cost optimising purchase decisions.
- Provide oversight, guidance and support with/to COs with complex procurement needs (such as involving high value commodities, a wide range of programmes, combination of specialised nutritional foods) on implementing best practice procurement policies and procedures, ensuring a strategic, forward purchasing approach to procurement in compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and regulations.
- Lead the implementation of highly complex procurement projects in COs to ensure successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers in order to improve service delivery and resolve supplier related issues.
- Manage and coordinate effective relationships with inspection and superintendent firms to ensure quality control, specification conformity, volume assessment, monitoring and verification of deliveries.
- Work in close collaboration with senior cross functional colleagues to align procurement activities and promote an integrated supply-chain approach to food assistance.
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders leading to performance optimization.
- Manage or oversee all auditing of procurement activities ensuring recommendations are responded to appropriately to ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Lead and motivate a large or highly specialized procurement team providing coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to WFP staff and external partners and governments, building capacity to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of procurement specific risks.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in economics, commerce, business administration, engineering, legal or accounting or other relevant field.
- University Degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- 8 year’s of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in managing/coordinating supply chain operations (including procurement of food, goods, and services).
- Experience managing the physical purchase of commodities/goods/services in complex situations (e.g, evaluating offers and making recommendations).
- Experience managing suppliers including but not limited to retailers, wholesalers and traders.
- Experience supervising others.
- Experience of Vendor Management.
- Experience/familiarity with WFP or UN Procurement normative frameworks and guidelines is highly desirable.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.