Deadline: 31 October 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide full administrative support including drafting in line with WHO style guide, reviewing and dispatching of correspondence, reports, documents, etc., independently compose and finalize correspondence of administrative nature and draft interim replies, draft presentations as guided by professional staff.
- Receive, screen and log all incoming correspondence, search for information and attach background, provide unofficial translation, if needed, take minutes of unit meetings, update and maintain unit filing system (paper based, electronic and database).
- Follow up on the implementation of programme activities and ensure timely submission of unit’s contributions respond to and act on telephone enquiries, assess the urgency of programme matters and refer them to appropriate staff for action, inform and remind professional staff in the unit of deadlines, provide supporting material as appropriate.
- Organize the travel of the Regional Adviser and unit staff, including raising travel requests (TRs) in the General Management System (GSM), security clearance, finalizing travel itineraries and hotel bookings etc., and following up and maintaining records on the submission of duty travel reports.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training.
- University Degree in business administration, social sciences or related field an asset.
- At least 5 year’s progressive administrative experience.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors
- Expert knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.