Deadline: 27 June 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme and Finance Assistant in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme and Finance Assistant will provide timely financial support to project implementation consistent with UN WOMEN rules and procedures and works closely with the programme team.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme and Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Administration and implementation of program and operational financial services.
- Support to management of the country office budget preparation and administration.
- Accounting and administrative support.
- Support to monitoring and implementation of the resources mobilization strategy.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Applicants must have-
- BA in Finance, Business or Public Administration or other relevant fields.
- Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible financial management or accounting experience is required, with knowledge of programme or project finance desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS required.
- Previous work experience in development cooperation or the UN a clear advantage.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Arabic is required.
- Nationality of Egypt.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.