Deadline: 29 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Procurement Officer in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Procurement Officer will manage the procurement services in Country Office (CO) ensuring their effectiveness, transparency and integrity.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Procurement Officer will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies, implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with office management.
- Review and consolidation of the procurement plans for the office and monitoring of their implementation.
- Preparation and issuance of the CO’s long term agreements (LTAs) for goods and services.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas and preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of goods and services. Procurement Buyer profile in Atlas.
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
- Verification and control of all the supporting documents in respect of the Institutional and Professional Contracts for the CO.
- Provide programme and administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Business or Public Administration, or any other field accompanied by professional trainings in procurement.
- Professional trainings in procurement is a valued asset.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Procurement, Administration, Logistics, or any related field.
- Proficiency in using computers and standard office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems, and particularly in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems will be considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Nationality Egyptian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.